Friday, August 29, 2008

PGRE Questionnaire- Done! Yay!

1. Why did you join PRGE? What is better than a punk swap?

1a. Have you done other swaps? Are you doing other swaps right now? I have never done a swap but I have another one coming up in October

2. What are your five favorite things? (These don't have to be knit related) Sex Pistols (Sid in particular), Harry Potter, Martha Stewart (crazy I know, but ever since she went to jail without whining), David Beckham (yummy), and Orchids

2a. Do these things allow any hints into your personality for your punk pal? Definitely

3. What are your three favorite things that you have made with knitting/crochet? Socks, hats and a sweater

3a. What do you tend to make with knit/crochet? Socks, hats, sweaters, blankets, slippers, dishcloths, and novelty items like toy mice for my mom’s cat or beer cozies

3b. What do you hope to make (or complete that you have started) someday? My Skully and Weasley sweaters

4. What five things would you love to see in a swap box someday? Why? Starbucks Chai Tea (MMMMMmmmmm), Stitch markers (as mine are very boring), a favorite item of my swap partner (to see what cool things they like), yarn or something homemade

4a. What do you hope to never see in a swap box again (or ever)? Bodily fluids

5. What are your three favorite yarns? What are your three least favorite yarns? Favorite-Elsebeth Lavold Silky Flamme, Lamb’s Pride Bulky and anything soft. Least favorite-haven’t met one yet

5a. Do you like solid, self-striping, or multi-colored yarns? Yes, but I tend to work with more solids unless making socks, slippers, or little items.

5b. What are your favorite colors? What are your favorite colors to knit with? Blue is my favorite color. I love black, silver, pink, red, purple, ivory, gray and orange

6. What are your five favorite delicacies? Cannoli, white cake, sangria, homemade butter, bean and cheese burritos

6a. What yarn do you hope to one day try and why? Woolmeise

7. What are your three favorite guilty pleasures? Mike’s Hard Lemonade, Martha Stewart Body and Soul magazine, peanut butter cookies

7a. What are your favorite TV or movie characters? Ugly Betty, Sid and Nancy, McSteamy, Danny on Las Vegas, and Scarlett O’Hara

8. What are the five things you look forward to every week? Sleeping in on the weekends; spending time with my 11-year-old son, Austin; hanging out with my fiancĂ©e; shopping at Macy’s; and knitting

8a. What do you do during your week (i.e. - work, take care of three kids, race walk)? Work, knit, read, and watch TV.

9. What do you collect? Books and magazines

9a. What collects you? Dirty dishes

10. When is your birthday? July 21

10a. What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas, because I love giving and receiving presents.

11. Do you have any wish lists? Nope

11a. Do you have a "favorites" collection anywhere that your pal should know about? Not yet anyway

12. Do you have any allergies or health related conditions that your pal should know about? Cats if I touch them

12a. What drives you nuts? Horrible drivers and my future sister-in-law

13. What do you do for work and what do you do for fun? I work at a Community Foundation. I process grants for non-profits. For fun, I like to knit (duh), read, watch TV or movies, go out to the bar with friends, and SHOP!!

13a. What would you do if you knew you could not fail? Write a book

14. What would you like your pal to know that is not covered here? I have a Chihuahua, her name is Noka but we call her weasel.

14a. Are you excited for the contests or will you just pretend that they do not exist? Contests are always fun

2 comments:

Gryffinitter said...

I got here by following the trail from HSKS, and I am amazed at your answeres to this quiz. I am pretty sure it would be possible to write a fan fic with Harry, Martha, Sid, Orchids and that one other thing that I can't recall, and I am so tempted to do it! You sound like a really nice person and I look forward to getting to know you better in the kit swap. I also mostly knit with solids, but that is even my socks - I've deisgned some that seem to work out well that way. I thought it was especially cool that one thing you'd like to see in a swap would be something that told you about the person sending it.

Hope this punk swap goes well for you. I look forward to seeing you in the HSKS6! Don't forget to sign up!

Belladonna Boomslang,
Gryffinitter

Gryffinitter said...

Oh yeah - I wanted to tell you that you should do NaNoWriMo! I've done it three years in a row and ended up with a book every time. Not the Great American Novel, but something...