Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Movie Meme

I’ve seen quite a few movie meme’s on blogs. Most require you to bold the movies you seen on a particular list. Other memes have you find quotes from 30 movies you like and have visitors guess the movie title. I decided to do something like that. Although, instead of quotes from movies, I’ve done lyrics from musicals! (For this meme, I consider a movie to be a musical if any of the lead characters sing.) I will update the names as people guess them correctly. Oh yeah, NO CHEATING!

1. Bye Bye Birdie
Oh, one last kiss,
Give me one last kiss,
It never felt like this,
No, never felt like this,

2. Viva Las Vegas
Bright light city gonna set my soul
Gonna set my soul on fire
Got a whole lot of money thats ready to burn,
So get those stakes up higher

3. Wizard of Oz (Bevin)
Ding-dong the witch is dead
Which old witch? The wicked witch
Ding-dong the wicked witch is dead

4. Moulin Rouge! (Bevin)
Spectacular, spectacular
No words in the vernacular
Can describe this great event
You'll be dumb with wonderment

5. Annie (Bevin)
Some women are dripping with diamonds
Some women are dripping with pearls
Lucky me! Lucky me!
Look at what I'm dripping with

6. The Sound of Music (Bevin)
One little girl in a pale pink coat heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
She yodeled back to the lonely goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

7. My Fair Lady (Bevin)
My head's too light to try to set it down! Sleep! Sleep!
I couldn't sleep tonight.
Not for all the jewels in the crown!
I could have danced all night!

8. Purple Rain
I never wanted to be your weekend lover
I only wanted to be some kind of friend
Baby I could never steal you from another
Its such a shame our friendship had to end

9. Mary Poppins (Bevin)
Because I was afraid to speak
When I was just a lad
My father gave me nose a tweak
And told me I was bad

10. Dream Girls (Bevin)
I don't wanna be free
I'm staying, I'm staying
And you, and you, and you
You're gonna love me

11. 8 Mile (Bevin)
His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgetting

12. Selena
'Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight
Till tomorrow, I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room, dreaming about you and me

13. Earth Girls are Easy
'Cause I'm a blonde
Yeah, yeah, yeah
'Cause I'm a blonde
Yeah, yeah, yeah

14. Grease 2 (Bevin)
If you really want to know
what I want in a guy...
Well, I'm lookin' for a dream on a mean machine
With hell in his eyes.

15. Cats
I can smile at the old days
I was beautiful then
I remember the time I knew what happiness was
Let the memory live again

16. Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Bevin)
I want the works,
I want the whole works!
Presents and prizes and sweets and surprises in all shapes and sizes,
And now!

17. Guys and Dolls (Bevin)
You're on this date with me
The pickings have been lush
And yet before this evening is over you might give me the brush
You might forget your manners

18. West Side Story (Bevin)
I feel charming
Oh so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel
And so pretty

19. Popeye (Bevin)
And I gots a lot of muskle and I only gots one eye
And I never hurts nobodys and I'll never tell a lie
Tops to me bottoms and me bottoms to me top
And that's the way it is 'till the day that I drop

20. Back to the Beach
Jamaican Ska
Ska Ska Ska
Jamaican Ska
Ska Ska Ska
Do the Ska

21. Walk the Line (Bevin)
But they'll laugh at you in Jackson, and I'll be dancin' on a Pony Keg.
They'll lead you 'round town like a scalded hound,
With your tail tucked between your legs,
Yeah, go to Jackson, you big-talkin' man.

22. The Wedding Singer (Bevin)
Oh somebody kill me please,
somebody kill me plee-ase,
I'm on my knees,
pretty pretty please kill me.

23. The Bodyguard
I hope
life treats you kind
And I hope
you have all you've dreamed of

24. Sweet Dreams
I stop to see a weepin willow cryin on his pillow,
Maybe he's cryin for me ~
And as the skies turn gloomy, night winds whisper to me,
I'm lonesome as I can be...

25. Sargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Picture yourself in a boat on a river,
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly,
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.

5 comments:

Bevin Rae Mooney said...

So am I supposed to say the ones I know? Here are my guesses...
3- Wizard of Oz
4- Moulin Rouge
5- Annie
6- Sound of Music
7- My Fair Lady
9- Mary Poppins
10- Oh I can hear it in my head but can't figure it out! Oh! Dream Girls?
11- 8Mile
14- Grease 2
17- Guys and Dolls?
18- West Side Story
19- Popeye
21- Walk the Line
22- Uuuh, Wedding Singer?


OMG, now I have Adam Sandler in my head! That was fun!!

Bevin Rae Mooney said...

... okay, I guess this is a hint that I have seen a lot of musicals!

Bevin Rae Mooney said...

How did I miss 16!?
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Okay, shutting up and going into a corner now...

Shelvicious said...

You did really good. You got more than I probably would've. I know I would not have gotten Popeye.

Bevin Rae Mooney said...

Wow, some of those I totally wouldn'tve guesses... and then I 8 and 23 and went " ooooohh, THAT movie!"

Happy Halloweeen!