Friday, August 29, 2008
1. Why did you join PRGE? What is better than a punk swap?
1a. Have you done other swaps? Are you doing other swaps right now? I have never done a swap but I have another one coming up in October
2. What are your five favorite things? (These don't have to be knit related) Sex Pistols (Sid in particular), Harry Potter, Martha Stewart (crazy I know, but ever since she went to jail without whining), David Beckham (yummy), and Orchids
2a. Do these things allow any hints into your personality for your punk pal? Definitely
3. What are your three favorite things that you have made with knitting/crochet? Socks, hats and a sweater
3a. What do you tend to make with knit/crochet? Socks, hats, sweaters, blankets, slippers, dishcloths, and novelty items like toy mice for my mom’s cat or beer cozies
3b. What do you hope to make (or complete that you have started) someday? My Skully and Weasley sweaters
4. What five things would you love to see in a swap box someday? Why? Starbucks Chai Tea (MMMMMmmmmm), Stitch markers (as mine are very boring), a favorite item of my swap partner (to see what cool things they like), yarn or something homemade
4a. What do you hope to never see in a swap box again (or ever)? Bodily fluids
5. What are your three favorite yarns? What are your three least favorite yarns? Favorite-Elsebeth Lavold Silky Flamme, Lamb’s Pride Bulky and anything soft. Least favorite-haven’t met one yet
5a. Do you like solid, self-striping, or multi-colored yarns? Yes, but I tend to work with more solids unless making socks, slippers, or little items.
5b. What are your favorite colors? What are your favorite colors to knit with? Blue is my favorite color. I love black, silver, pink, red, purple, ivory, gray and orange
6. What are your five favorite delicacies? Cannoli, white cake, sangria, homemade butter, bean and cheese burritos
6a. What yarn do you hope to one day try and why? Woolmeise
7. What are your three favorite guilty pleasures? Mike’s Hard Lemonade, Martha Stewart Body and Soul magazine, peanut butter cookies
7a. What are your favorite TV or movie characters? Ugly Betty, Sid and Nancy, McSteamy, Danny on Las Vegas, and Scarlett O’Hara
8. What are the five things you look forward to every week? Sleeping in on the weekends; spending time with my 11-year-old son, Austin; hanging out with my fiancée; shopping at Macy’s; and knitting
8a. What do you do during your week (i.e. - work, take care of three kids, race walk)? Work, knit, read, and watch TV.
9. What do you collect? Books and magazines
9a. What collects you? Dirty dishes
10. When is your birthday? July 21
10a. What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas, because I love giving and receiving presents.
11. Do you have any wish lists? Nope
11a. Do you have a "favorites" collection anywhere that your pal should know about? Not yet anyway
12. Do you have any allergies or health related conditions that your pal should know about? Cats if I touch them
12a. What drives you nuts? Horrible drivers and my future sister-in-law
13. What do you do for work and what do you do for fun? I work at a Community Foundation. I process grants for non-profits. For fun, I like to knit (duh), read, watch TV or movies, go out to the bar with friends, and SHOP!!
13a. What would you do if you knew you could not fail? Write a book
14. What would you like your pal to know that is not covered here? I have a Chihuahua, her name is Noka but we call her weasel.
14a. Are you excited for the contests or will you just pretend that they do not exist? Contests are always fun
Thursday, August 28, 2008
You're To Kill a Mockingbird!
by Harper Lee
Perceived as a revolutionary and groundbreaking person, you have
changed the minds of many people. While questioning the authority around you, you've
also taken a significant amount of flack. But you've had the admirable guts to
persevere. There's a weird guy in the neighborhood using dubious means to protect you,
but you're pretty sure it's worth it in the end. In the end, it remains unclear to you
whether finches and mockingbirds get along in real life.
You're a Venus Flytrap!
The ultimate snake in the grass, you outwit your enemies by
convincing them you're nothing more than a simple-minded friend. Your deception
pays you well, but you surely must wonder if your methods are altogether moral.
Then again, you have yet to really develop intellectually enough to worry about
moral questions. Your favorite style of window blinds is venetian. You sometimes
have a bizarre desire to be fed by someone named Seymour.
Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid
Friday, August 22, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
After months of procrastination, My mom and I finally went and looked at veils. $135 for a yard of tulle? You have got to be kidding me. We went to Michaels and picked up a yard of tulle there for $1.99, $5 for some trim and $1 for a comb. Good thing my mom can sew!
Wedding prices are extremely expensive. Its crazy.
I finally figured out how to remote blog-sort of. I have a Sidekick 3 and I still can't remote blog directly from my phone I have to log in to my internet email in order for it to work.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
I started knitting my very first sweater yesterday. I think it is a very ambitious project considering my history or failure to complete (as I like to call it). I did complete one pair of VERY thick socks and have almost finished another pair of slightly less thick socks; however, my last foray into a sock stalled out at the cuff stage for now.
Aut 3:16 in his Grassdance Outfit