Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Oh yeah, MYSELF!!
I need to head over to amazon.com and but my Christmas presents before I get them too late. Oh yeah and I need to ask my husband to drag out the Wii.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
I am almost done with my Christmas shopping. I have 1 more thing to buy for both my husband and son and then I am done.
I can't believe my baby is already 5 months old. She had her first baby food on Thanksgiving. She loves to eat like a big girl. She opens her mouth and grabs the spoon to help guide it into her mouth. Okay enough new mommy gushing...
Hope you have a wonderful holiday season!
Friday, November 6, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
So, I will share with you...
Look here if you like apples or apple pie...
Look here if cookies and/or cake is more your thing...
p.s. I think Winnie is at Queerditch Marsh and Appleby Village in England
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Not dealing with the pyscho sister-in-law, a good thing we had. With their parents, back has she moved. Of course, to her ex boyfriend's her kids have gone. Not sure what happened, husband hit her, MIL says. Psycho sister-in-law, pathalogical liar, she is. Wonder, do wife beaters wait 2 years, I do. Whatever, care I do not. Sad, I am, because now deal with her I will have to.
Her, where we live, nobody better bring. Inside my house, not allowed is she. Care if they drove 200+ miles, I do not...
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
2.Someone who was born in the same month. Fleur Sweeting (July)
3.Someone from a different country. Lily May Clearwater (United Kingdom)
4.A new HSKS Quidditch player. Albatross Harbinger (New player for the Arrows)
5.A player who has been in 3 or more HSKS swaps. Antonio dela Weasley (not sure, but more than 3)
6.A player who has a bigger stash than you. Selena Starfire (91 listed on rav)
7.A player who both knits and crochets. Lizzie Wychwood (ummm...yeah)
8.Someone who has the same favorite color as you. Ginny Lockheart (blue and silver)
I ran around the quidditch pitch this afternoon, doing this weeks assignment. It was kind of like a scavenger hunt. It was great to find out all about my fellow quidditch players.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Colors: Blue, Green, Pink and Silver
Flavors: Blueberry, Pear and Vanilla
Yarn Brands: Brown Sheep, Rowan and Sirdar
Yarn Types: Bamboo, Cotton and Wool
Snacks: Caramels, Chai, Coffee, Gingerbread, Peanut Butter Cookies and Tea
This isn't an exhaustive list. I am always open to trying new things. Maybe I should do a list of things I don't like...
Okay, that's all I can think of.
I knit, but I am slowly learning to crochet. I'm allergic to several medicines, but since I don't forsee any being in the swap packages, that point is moot.
My other hobbies include reading and baking. I love King Arthur Flour, it is the best ever. As far as reading goes, I love Sidney Sheldon, Janet Evanovich, Tennesse Williams, and Mary janice Davidson. I like Twilight, but I haven't read the last book yet. Also, I LOVE stitch markers. I tend to knit with needles 7 and under, but all are welcome! (If you also like stitch markers, there is a group on Ravelry Mark the Spot It is a swap, but the only thing you need to send is 6 handmade stitch markers. They do not need to be hand made by you, just handmade by somebody.)
Monday, April 20, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
2. Which “Harry Potter” character’s first name is the Roman equivalent of the Greed Goddess Athena?
3. In ‘Harry Potter’ World, this wizard has created the Philosopher’s Stone (called the Sorcerer Stone in the US). The historical figure from the 14th and 15th centuries was a scribe and a manuscript-seller who became famous as an alchemist. Who is this individual?
4. What is the first name of a character whose last name is the name of a Bulgarian leader from early 9th century who doubled the country’s territory?
5. Which character’s name is the name of goddess in Indian mythology?
6. “Where the Wild Things Are” tells the story of Max, a young boy sent to bed without his supper for his wild antics. Who created this winner of the Caldecott Medal?
a. Maurice Sendak
7. What was NOT one of the unexpected defense mechanisms that Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Griphook encountered in their attempt to rob Gringotts?
c. Anti-summoning Enchantments
8. What was Snape aiming at when he cut off George’s ear?
c. Another Death Eater’s wand hand
9. How much older than James was Lily? (Referring to Harry’s parents, not children).
d. 2 months
10. Food is one of the five exceptions to what magical law?
b. Gamp’s Law of Elemental Transfiguration
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
I had to take my first shot yesterday. Aut 3:16 has type 1 diabetes so I told him I was scared and asked him if it hurt. He was so grown up about it and told me that if I stuck it in straight it wouldn't hurt. I wanted to know if it hurt worse than picking your finger. My crazy son said that popping a pimple hurts worse! He is sooo funny. Turns out he was right, it didn't hurt, but I am used to giving him shots and not myself. I stuck it in and wasn't holding the plunger. Well, hopefully, next time I will get it right. Seems I will have lots of practice. I meet with the diabetes educator next monday, and she seems to think that I will need insulin with my meals as well as overnight. YUCK!!!
Today I meet with the dietician, hopefully this will be painless...
Friday, April 3, 2009
After I got home, I had to finish my handmade item. Yay! Its done and the emails are on their way to Wisty, Bevin, and Hermoine!
Friday, March 27, 2009
I haven't gotten any sewing done this week. Hopefully, we are getting a new car (not new new, but used.). We are almost done paying off the two garages we owe for fixing our Eclipse, the last few times it broke down. I can hardly wait.
On our Upper Midwest meet and greet, we went to the Yarn Garage in Rosemount. I had never meet Steven before, but I am in awe! That man is AMAZING! He had the cutest toddler jacket in his store. It was the Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket, but he added a ruffle around the collar, down the front and around the sleeves. It was gorgeous! He made it in Sirdar Denim Ultra in Pink Marl. It is absolutely divine, he named it the diva jacket and is it ever!
Monday, March 16, 2009
2. During all this chaos with voldemort and the Death Eaters, people still had lives to live and Ron's oldest brother, Bill decided to marry Fleur Delacour? Who were the uninvited guests at Bill and Fleur's wedding?
b. Death Eaters
3. Voldemort had seven Horcruxes hidden in different places. Six of them were hidden at the Gaunt shack, Hogwarts, a cave, inside Harry, inside his snake, Nagini and Tom Riddles Diary. Did Voldemort hide the last Horcrux inside the Malfoy's vault at Gringotts?
4. Why did the Dumbledore's move to Godric's Hollow?
c. The father went to Azkaban
5. Harry and Hermione read a part of "Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore," written by Rita Skeeter. Then they met Dumbledore's brother Abeforth and he told them the same story, just with a few details changed. Which of the following did Aberforth and Rita Skeeter agree on about Dumbdore's past?
b. That Dumbledore was friends with Grindelwald for a while.
6. When Harry and Hermione visit Godric's Hollow, they visit the graveyard to see Harry's parent's graves. Harry walks by a tombstone that we later learn belong to tone of "The Three Broother'. The brother buried there once owned what?
b. The cloak
7. The Trio finds out that Luna had been kidnapped by the Death Eaters , and that they won't give her back until they got Harry Potter. Why did they kidnap Luna?
a. Her father sided with Harry and Dumbledore
8. After Voldemort killed Snape, he left the room and Harry came out from under the cloak. Snape gave Harry some of his memories all the way from when he was a child to just months before. Harry dived into the Pensieve and which of the following did he not see?
c. Snape and Lily having fun in a potions class
9. On the search of the Lost Diadem, Harry finally gets to talk to the Gray Lady. Who was the Gray Lady when she was alive?
c. Helena Ravenclaw.
10. Which of these is not one of Harry or Ron's children?
Saturday, March 14, 2009
I have been sewing like crazy. I have 12 baby legs done, over half my diapers are completely finished with velcro and everything. I have a lot more to do though, I have the crib bumper to sew along with the sock monkey blanket and dust ruffle. I need to start on the next size diapers, although I need more Warm and Natural batting for those. I saw this gorgeous toddler dress a women made out of her husband's button down shirt, but I guess I don't need to be worrying about toddler clothes!!
Monday, March 2, 2009
Saturday, February 28, 2009
My mom moved today. 3 1/2 hours away! I can't believe it.
I sewed 20 diapers during the past two days. My cousin brought me her serger. I've never used a serger before. She gave me a quick lesson yesterday, but when I tried it today, it only cut the edge, it didn't sew the seam closed!! Oh well, I guess she will have to come over for another lesson!
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
d. Harry’s upcoming birthday
2. Who revealed the actual date of Harry’s transfer to Voldemort, despite the misinformation the Order had been spreading around that the move would occur on the eve of his actual birthday?
3. With the use of Polyjuice Potion (and to confuse any possible attack by Death Eaters), six member of the Order were disguised as Harry and escorted out of Privet Drive, along with the real Harry. Which member of the order did not survive that night?
a. Mad-Eye Moody
4. Who informed Harry, Ron and Hermione of the bequests left to them in Dumbledore’s will?
d. Rufus Scimgeour
5. During the wedding celebration for Bill and Fleur, Kingley Shacklebolt sent a Patronus to tell the guests that the Ministry had fallen, Scrimgeour (the Minister) was dead and the wedding celebration was about to be attacked by Death Eaters. What form did the Patronus take?
a. A lynx
6. Escaping from the wedding to London, our three friends found themselves confronted by a pair of Death Eaters, disguised as workmen. This close brush impressed on them the need to find someplace to hide. Where did they decide to go?
b. Sirius Black’s house
7. Kreacher’s animosity towards Harry, Ron and especially Hermione (a Mudblood) was well documented in book five, “The Order of the Phoenix.” His initial interaction with them showed that his attitude had not changed. How did they win him over?
d. By giving him Regulus Black’s old locket
8. Who did they eventually find was in possession of the locket/Horcrux?
d. Dolores Umbridge
9. What did Harry find embedded in the door of Umbrdige’s office?
a. Moody’s magical eye
10. After retrieving the Horcrux, they tried to return to their safe place but they were pursued (actually Yaxley tagged along when they disapparated). This meant that the Death Eaters knew their hiding place and they had to go somewhere else. Where did Hermione take them?
d. To the site of the Quidditch World Cup
The Dursley's House
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Find out what heroes character are you at LiquidGeneration.com!
You are Sylar...
You may have a very dark side to you...you are not one to help people out when you see someone in need, worse yet...you seem to be calculating, bitter and could very be the cause of a lot of evil. You have some issues you need to resolve within yourself.
You get bored easily, which is why you resort this causing havoc. You are always busy plotting and planning your revenge....this is definitely something you are good at.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
2- Did you bring a cat, an owl, a toad, or other pet with you? What is their name? A weasel named Noka
3- What is your favorite class here at Hogwarts? Charms and potions
4- What is worth sneaking out of the castle for, even if you got caught? Ethel M's Chocolates
5- What has made you laugh so hard that you've had butterbeer come out your nose? Lots of stuff
6- What yarn do you covet? Link please... Yarn Pirate
7- What is your favorite flavor... the one thing you could simply not live without? Is brand important? Vanilla...Aquafina lotion and lip oil. No, not super picky
8- How many HSKS terms have you participated in? This is my second
9- Do you have a birthday, anniversary or other big Muggle event during this year at Hogwarts? If yes, please tell us what. Nope
10- You in 5 words. Quiet, competitive, adept, resourceful, and reserved
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
She has accused my DH of threatening her and/or her kids (the first time she said it, it was only her that was threatened. Later on in the conversation she accused him of threatening her kids.) She called her father and told him that my DH was laughing in the background when a former landlord called her and tole her she needed to pay him the back rent she still owes.
She also threatened to file a restraining order on him and the former landlord. I don't know what proof she has. My DH hasn't wanted anything to do with that sick b*tch, since July. He doesn't call her or go to her house. In fact, on Christmas, he never said one word to her the entire evening.
Their father is just as bad, at least I know where she gets her complete lack of responsibility for her actions. She told her father that the former landlord threatened to mess up her car if she didn't follow through on paying him (AGAIN), her father had the nerve to call my DH and tell him that if anything happens to the b*tches car that he holds my DH responsible and will mess up our car in retaliation. After his father told his mother what he did, she yelled at him and he called my DH back. he NEVER apologized. Just asked my DH if he was alright. Now he wants to act like everything is okay. Yeah right...
After all that, I learn that my DH actually gave his increasingly insane sister our address, so she could file the restraining order. I am 4 months pregnant, I am worried about what this lunatic could decide to do. I told my DH not to tell me that he doesn't think she would try to hurt our baby, because he didn't think she would make up all the shit she has, including accusing him of threatening her. Neither one of us has even wanted her around or even in our lives at all.