Sunday, April 11, 2010

Motivation

So, as I start my weightloss journey, I find that motivation is the key...It's the key to not eating junk, it's the key to not eating outside of my calorie range and it's the key to getting up and going for a walk even though my arthritis is inflamed and it hurts to walk. I decided that my arthritis is not going to get better if I sit around doing nothing. I will only gain more weight, which will make me put more pressure on my joints and make me want to do even less. See the vicious cycle here?

I came across a blog called priorfatgirl.com somehow and it was this woman, Jen from Minneapolis, who has lost almost 100 pounds in 2 years. She suffered a horrible, horrible tragedy the day before her final weigh-in; her mom was hit by a car when she was out walking and passed away. ANYWAY, I added her blog to my Google Reader and preceeded to look for more blogs. On her site is a guy who challenged Jen to do 99 minutes on the stairmaster. He posted the reason why on his blog, It is so incredibly moving, I had to repost it here. I cannot believe how unbelievibly motivated and motivating people can be.

The stairmaster challenge

1 comment:

Allitrya Spelling said...

Awesome! I wish you lots and lots of luck (and motivation)! I've been trying to watch what I eat as well. although I definitely need to be motivated into exercising. You're going to rock at it. =)