Friday, June 4, 2010

Woo Hoo

I went to the "Coolest Small Town in America" (Ely, MN) today and found a nice little yarn shop with gorgeous yarns! No Red Heart or Lion Brand, not that there is anything wrong with them, but they aren't for every project and that is all we have around here. There are two yarn stores that carry a different selection of yarns and they are both an hour away, in opposite directions!!

This week, we got our garden started. We planted one garden box and my husband built another 6.5 foot box and a small box. Next up is potatoes in a stack of tires! I can't wait. We have Yukon Gold and Russet Burbank. I looked for red seed potatoes but both places that sell seed potatoes in town are out and I don't want to go driving across northern Minnesota looking for them. I have more ideas than I have space for and I will just be tempted to try something else.

2 comments:

Meggie (Megaera) Black said...

Your garden sounds great! I wish I had better gardening skills and less allergies. You will have to show us pictures of the potatoes in a stack of tires, sounds interesting.

Allitrya Spelling said...

That sounds so cool! I've only got one more thing to pick up for your kit and it will be on its way. =)